mistaking paradise
notes from the home across the road


Wednesday, November 03, 2004
hope deferred
kerry came close, but not close enough. this result just goes to show how much more work there is to do, though the heavy lifting will really fall on the shoulders of my children's generation. for what it's worth, this is my first apology to the next generation for the mess we are leaving them. my generation behaves like a bad guest. my country is drunk on some very strange brew. as i have done in nine previous presidential elections, when the ballots were counted i woke up wednesday morning to find the ballot i cast on the losing side of the race for the white house. this is the story of my life long dissent from the tyranny of the majority. i remain unapologetic for my belief in the possibility of an america that really does deliver on the dream of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness for all its citizens, not just for a privileged few.


Comments:
Post a Comment